Suitable for -
Purpose & Skills in focus -
- Identification of notes and coins.
- Understanding of money concept.
- Fostering independence such that the child is able to buy things from a store on his or her own.
Can be used by - Parents, Teachers, Therapists, Counselors, Special Educators, Learning Centres, Schools.
Can also be used for - Children with special needs
- 1 wooden board
- 1 bundle of currency notes and coins
- 1 shopping bag
- 1 bundle of item picture cut outs (with price tag)
- The tool consists of three levels.
- Level 1: Teaching the child identification of notes and coins through cut outs
- How to separate notes and coins of different numerical value ?
- Level 2: Buying: Engaging in role play such that the child is the buyer and the parent is the seller.
- Can be carried out as a one-on-one activity as well as in groups to imitate a shopping situation.
- Level 3: Purchasing: How to translate this into real life setting by encouraging the child to engage in buying items from shops / market (accompanied)